|Visa||Employer may consider sponsoring work visa for suitable candidates from abroad depending on their experience|
|Salary||£60000 — £70000 per annum|
|Date||3 October 2020|
We are looking for a skilled and motivated Senior Test and Characterisation Manager to join a well-established client in London, to oversee all electrochemical testing of energy storage devices in the labs in London and St. Petersburg, Russia.
Our ideal candidate will have expertise in setting up, maintaining, and data handling of electrochemical test devices commonly used in battery cell development and production.
– Managing our current electrochemical test capabilities in our labs in London and St. Petersburg, Russia
– Acquisition of new testing devices according to current and future requirements in both labs
– Overseeing daily measurement data upload from multiple devices and formats to our online database
– Guarantying safety of all electrochemical tests in coin and pouch cell format
– Interacting with internal and external experimental and data analyst groups to support product development
– Creating and continuous improving battery and supercapacitor test specifications
Skills and qualifications:
– Masters, preferably PhD, in chemistry, physics, engineering, or material science
– Hands-on experience working with lithium-ion batteries and/or supercapacitors in coin and pouch cell formats is required
– Expertise in typical battery test methodologies including galvanostatic charge/discharge, EIS, GITT, and CV is required
– Hands-on experience in working with typical battery test equipment and software, such as Neware BTS, BioLogic, Maccor, and BaSyTec is required
– In-depth understanding of electrochemical processes in Lithium-Ion Batteries and Supercapacitors is a strong plus
– Experience with electrode and battery materials and manufacturing processes, such as active materials, binders, additives, electrolytes, coating, calendaring, cell assembly, and formation cycling is beneficial
– Experience in battery-related physical characterization techniques such as SEM, XPS, XRD, Raman, IR, TEM, AFM, and MS is beneficial
– Experience of collaboration with research and material scientists
– Ability to understand and communicate technical material clearly to non-specialists
– Comfortable working in an international team across several time zones
– Able to work independently and manage your time well
Subscribe to e-mail notifications about new vacancies!