Major Job Functions
- Technical Delivery/Development
- Configure the technical environment for the company software projects.
- Accountable for the execution of internal technical tests, the follow up of issues, and providing resolutions during SIT and UAT.
- Provide technical customization, using standard components (ODBC, XSL).
- Lead DA product installation following guidelines.
- Identify complex technical risks and escalates to superior.
- Provide accurate estimation of some specific components supporting the creation of the proposal.
- Accountable for the quality of Technical Build activities.
- (For Developer): Providing guidance and best practice approaches to Software development using object-oriented development process, for high performance, robust, complex, multi-language, multi-platform application and library development.
- (For Developer): Accountable for Quality and re-use ability of Software hooks and bureau links
- Assure production issues are logged on corporate tools, USD.
- Provide investigation on the logged issues.
- Provide resolution for complex issues respecting SLA’s.
- Provide details to superior for complex issues.
- Drive DB Performance improvement initiatives.
- Drive Performance and Technical stress testing activities.
- Drive benchmarking activities.
- Confirm specialization on at least two or more solution, in technical delivery/support or development domain.
- Attend one technical training, related to specialization domain.
Teamworking and Leadership
- Take the lead in specific projects/support technical activity.
- Act as a mentor to project team members, guiding Analysts and Technical Analysts.
- Input into regular appraisals and Personal Development Plans for the project team.
- Ensure communication of project issues.
- Foster team spirit and mutual co-operation.
- Provide regular reporting to project manager, technical consultant and line manager.
- Use corporate tools for time logging, holiday and daily work backup.
- Applies advanced skills in area of specialization to solve a wide range of difficult problems. Duties and tasks are varied and moderately complex.
- Recognises change and risk on a project with the need to report appropriately to those leading the team.
Knowledge and skills
- Extensive knowledge of one OS platform; of one DB platform; and of XML technology.
- Significant experience in software solution design and configuration.
- Experience of delivering numerous complex Technical solutions across multiple industry verticals.
- Understanding and experience of the DA delivery lifecycle
- Demonstrates continuous skills improvement as well as interest and understanding of the latest technology developments and how these developments could be applied to the clients
- For Developer: Knowledge on industry-standard technologies (Oracle, MS SQL, Web sphere, UNIX, Windows, C++, Java, SOA, Web services, J2EE, MQ, Scripting languages). TCP/IP Communications; XML and XSLT skills (SOAP interfaces and style sheet development.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Good oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English/Russian
- Ability to travel.