|Salary||£60000 — £90000 per annum|
|Date||13 September 2020|
Our client is an international R&D company active in the field of electric energy generation and storage. They are partnered with a well-known UK-based technology company developing electric vehicles which runs multiple projects from their offices and laboratories in London, San Francisco, and St. Petersburg, Russia, and collaborate with leading academic experts in computational and experimental materials science worldwide. At the moment they are looking for a skilled and motivated Senior Process Engineer to join their team in London, to plan and manage the upscaling of battery materials production as well as battery parts and cell assembly.
– Overseeing of all their current and future production scale-up activities.
– Managing projects with global external partners in the field of scale-up of battery materials and
– Creating the scale-up strategy for the company, including needed machines, timelines, processes,
and verification to deliver mass-produced battery cells to their partners.
– Acquisitioning and maintenance of new devices needed for internal scale-up in their labs in London
and St. Petersburg.
– Creating and continuous improvement of process flows for battery material and cell production.
– Teaching of process flows and safe working practises on production devices to the company
– Interacting with internal and external experimental and data analyst groups to support product
Skills and qualifications:
– Masters, or similar qualification, in chemical or mechanical engineering, or chemistry.
– Hands-on experience working with lithium-ion batteries or supercapacitors in a pouch or cylindrical
cell format is required.
– Expertise in typical processes and machines used in large-scale battery material and cell
development and production are required.
– Additional expertise in other commonly used processes in chemical engineering and material
science is required.
– Experience with electrode manufacturing processes, such as milling, mixing, slurry coating,
calendaring, and cell assembly either via stacking or jelly-rolling is required.
– In-depth understanding of electrochemical processes in lithium-ion batteries and supercapacitors is
– Thorough understanding of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and its application to the processing of
materials and devices.
– Ability to create Procedures, Control Plans, FMEAs, and other documentation of a Quality
– Experience in collaboration with research, data, computational, and material scientists.
– Ability to understand and communicate technical material clearly to non-specialists.
– Comfortable working in an international team across several time zones.
– Able to work independently and manage your time well.
Subscribe to e-mail notifications about new vacancies!