Wheely is a chauffeur-hailing app, setting a new standard in urban transportation. We provide a premium, comfortable, and consistent experience to consumers and clients.
Founded in 2010, we are available in London, Moscow, St. Petersburg and Paris. Our goal is to establish Wheely as the leader in premium ride-hailing in all tier-one cities globally. We have raised $28 million, including a $15 million Series B round, to accelerate our growth and build a great place to work.
As a Senior Legal Counsel at Wheely, you will be expected to support the activities of the legal departments in the UK, France, and Russia, by optimising the legal processes within the company, and by providing comprehensive legal support for our activities in the corporate, commercial, IP, and compliance and claims areas.
- Monitor compliance with corporate laws in all companies of the group in the UK, France, and Russia;
- Create draft corporate documents of the company (decisions and corporate approvals of participants and the Board of Directors, minutes of general meetings, option agreements, corporate agreements, etc.);
- Participate in M&A transactions, venture financing, and other ad-hoc activities;
- Identify contractual risks and suggest alternatives that lead to optimal solutions;
- Support the company’s expansion into new markets from a legal perspective.
- Act as the company’s corporate secretary.
- Provide legal support in the daily operations of the company;
- Provide legal support in the creation and approval of projects of various commercial agreements (license agreements, rent, placement of advertising materials, service agreements, etc.);
- Maintain a contractual base for the company;
- Work cross-functionally with the sales, finance and operations teams to ensure that contractual terms are compliant with legal, regulatory and company policies and risk
Intellectual property protection
- IP and software rights protection and maintenance;
Monitor compliance and mitigate risks
- Collaborate across the business to assess and monitor company compliance with
legislation including GDPR, ePrivacy, CCPA, and anti-corruption laws, including support and develop processes and policies to help ensure ongoing compliance.
Claims and dispute resolution.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be fluent in both Russian and English;
- Be a UK qualified lawyer with at least 1-2 years’ PQE;
- Have experience working within the Russian legal system (for a Russian company or subsidiary, etc.);
- Be commercially pragmatic – able to take a commercial view on legal risk and comfortable taking personal responsibility for judgement calls when instructions are incomplete or ambiguous;
- Be strategic in approach, focusing on the company’s medium and long-term goals;
- Be a great communicator.
- We offer a highly competitive compensation package, including bonuses
- The Wheely culture is one of equity for all, which means that you will be more than just an employee. You will be a co-owner
- Monthly credit for journeys with Wheely
- Delicious lunches provided daily
- Vitality Healthcare, including a discounted gym and other benefits.