Exciting opportunity for a hands-on role in a growing cultural charity with a successful commercial arm.
Applicants must be fluent Russian speakers with an appreciation of Russian culture. We are looking for a clear-sighted and highly organised individual who will help to raise the profile, whilst enjoying involvement in its progress.
This person will play a key role in supporting the Director in the redevelopment. This person will be the first point of contact for the Directors and, therefore, a professional and enthusiastic manner is crucial.
The successful candidate will enjoy liaising with Principal Artists of the Bolshoi and Mariinsky Theatres and sponsors from corporate and political spheres. This is a job for a highly organised person with the ability to act under pressure, take initiative and deal with diverse tasks effectively and efficiently. The employer is looking for applicants who work well in a team and who are flexible, open minded and adaptable in their professional approach. The successful candidate will be very computer literate with a strong grasp of all Microsoft Office applications and Sage One and will have a confident attitude in every aspect of their work and presentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provision of high level administrative support to Directors and senior staff.
Scheduling, organisation of meetings and management of office.
Letter writing to a high standard and organisation of all correspondence.
- Some SAGE ONE invoicing and preparations of monthly reporting. Liaising with book keeping staff when required to pass on or collect information. Dealing with expenses and aspects of accounting.
- Handling different inquiries to the school and responding. The ability to sift what is important for the Directors to see and arrange their work loads efficiently.
- Participating in preparation of brochures and programmes for performances. Assisting with advertising material, marketing and communications.
- Interpreting / translating (Russian language)where required
- Overseeing and being responsible for visiting world leading ballet principals and external teaching staff, travel arrangements and hotel accommodation, including visa support and appplications (PPE, Tier 2 and 5);
- Liaising with ballet and academic staff to oversee and supervise timetable preparations and room allocations.
- Carrying out various registrations if appropriate and where required (DBS checks, registering with the British exam boards, registering for GCSE/AS/A-level examinations);
- Taking part in the development and improvement of areas of the school, including philanthropy, outreach programmes and social media.
Experience and Skills:
- Graduate degree or equivalent.
- Experience as PA/administrator in an office environment.
- Commitment to the values and ethos of the school and the charity;
- Excellent written skills in both English and Russian
- Highly computer literate; good experience of Microsoft Office and Sage One (or similar accounting software).
- Fluency in both English and Russian.
- Excellent written skills and presentation.
- Confidence and skill in communicating effectively and professionally with donors and supporters at the highest level.;
- A selfstarter who enjoys problems and solving them. Someone who is able to prioritise;
- Flexibility to attend performances and events held outside of normal working hours.
- Interest in/knowledge of Russian classical ballet and/or education.
- Interest in fundraising and charity work.