|Date||15 November 2013|
A rapidly growing financial group (serving EMEA markets) is now searching to appoint a Russian speaking Head of Risks with a strong focus over Credit Risk, Operational Risk and Market Risk. Head of Risks will be accountable to provide value-adding reporting to the risk committees and business lines to support the embedding of risk in the business and functions and to support compliance with Enterprise Operational Risk standards and policies.
Russian speaking Head of Risks will be involved in the following duties:
• Assessments of Operational Risks, Market Risks and Credit Risks
• Act as a strategic advisor, provide guidelines, and consult with the Business Executives and leaders to ensure that operational risks are evaluated, controlled, and documented
• Provide independent analysis, reporting and escalation of key risk issues
• Ensure and monitor adherence to Risk Policies, the Corporate Risk Guidelines, and the GCC Risk Framework
• Provide project management leadership on efforts to monitoring and improve the control environment
• Review results of control testing, operational errors to determine risk implications, and ensure remediation activities appropriately address gaps.
• Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of existing controls and provide direction
• Support the business with new product approval process, including risk identification and control development as well as approval
• Provide an independent, objective view of operational risk assessments
• Advisory services to the business on deal structuring, issues and process improvements
• Supporting the expansion of the business to ensure that the risks associated with this are identified and mitigated/managed appropriately
• Providing central point of reference point for risk related queries and supporting local teams with all aspect of their risk, audit and incident management activities.
• Leading the Market Risk Team; monitoring, analyzing risk exposures and reports
• Defining appropriate risk factors, understanding various methods to calculate value-at-risk
• Managing the framework in a trading environment and using Market Risk Systems
• Native speaker of Russian, Fluent/Near to Native speaker of English
• Excellent risk assessment skills
• Proven ability to negotiate and directly influence change
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent teamwork and communication (written and verbal) skills required
Subscribe to e-mail notifications about new vacancies!