The Estate Director / Chief of Staff will oversee the management of the household, as the most senior staff member. They will provide a key administrative service to the principal, overseeing the management of all household staff, external contractors, and service contracts.
The Chief of Staff is expected to be a highly organized individual, with a background in property management or facilities management. They must have a flexible approach with an eye for detail and experience of managing a team. The Chief of Staff is not expected to provide a close personal service to the principal and will focus almost exclusively on the management of the property and its staff, rather than the provision of domestic services.
The Chief of Staff will also act as the head of the company set-up to employ the wider staff team, and will, therefore, report directly to the principal’s accountants in relation to the administration of accounts relating to this company.
Dependent on the candidate, the role may offer flexibility with regard to day to day working location, once the property is fully established.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Overseeing the management of the wider household team, including recruitment, management of payroll, management of third party staff contracts and organization of daily shift patterns
- Managing all ongoing maintenance contracts and warranties
- Managing all ongoing reactive maintenance
- Working closely with the appointed M&E maintenance contractor to ensure all plant and machinery is maintained in line with legislation and best practice
- Overseeing the recruitment of all onsite staff, and the procurement of third party staff contractors on an ongoing basis
- Managing the procurement of service contracts
- Reporting directly to the principal and/or their associates on all matters relating to the management of the property
- Providing quarterly management reports to the principal and/or their associates
- Producing and administering a service and maintenance budget
- Administering and acting as head of the company created to employ household staff
- English &Russian Speaker
- A background in property management, estate management and facilities management
- Experience in managing a team of staff
- A flexible, amenable and committed approach to work
- Strong technical ability gained through previous facilities management experience
- A detailed understanding of the contract procurement process
- Experience of administering a servicing and maintenance budget and associated accounting
- Experience in mobilizing a private household through the final stages of construction and early occupation
- Experience of working with UHNW individuals and private household management
- Expected Working Hours: 9hr shifts – 5 days on, 2 days off