This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, focused and high-performing Conference Sales Professional to join a large London based company. As a Sales Professional you will join one of the Company’s core business sectors and with a proven track record of prospecting for and delivering new business you will achieve individual and sales targets.
You will have the opportunity to work as part of a fast-paced and dynamic sales team, work with a truly international client base, develop your sales and negotiation skills across the entire sales cycle while growing alongside the Company.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Securing new and rebook existing exhibition revenue across one of the portfolio’s international events
- Defining and developing existing and new sales to meet agreed revenue and profit targets
- Achieving and exceeding agreed show and personal targets by direct selling to existing and new clients
- Ensuring full understanding of customers’ businesses and requirements
- Identifying new sales opportunities and developing them into long-term relationships
- Working together with the international offices and the Sales team assigned to the relevant event
- Building and maintaining strategic relationships with existing key clients.
- Ensuring on-site customer care and re-bookings
- Handling client queries quickly and efficiently maintaining a high standard of client correspondence
- Contributing fully to the on-site preparation and on-site management by working effectively with the Event Team
- Working closely with and support the sales team in all matters concerning the Company’s business.
- Carrying out various ad hoc duties as necessary.
To succeed in this role you will need to be/have:
- Fluent in English (both written and verbal)
- 2+ years of previous experience is sales
- Strong background in telesales
- Project management and organisational skills
- Resilience and adaptability
- Good problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and driven by success
- Enthusiasm for learning and ability to quickly grasp new ideas
- Self-motivated and target oriented
- Ability to prioritise effectively, anticipate obstacles and find effective solutions
- Persuasive and professional on the phone
- Strong rapport building skills with clients and colleagues