Our client is an international R&D technology company active in the field of electric energy generation and storage, partnered with a UK -based technology company developing next-generation electric vehicles. We are now looking for a talented and motivated Purchasing Manager to join their team in London to set up processes and take ownership of end to end purchasing requirements. The ideal candidate will be passionate to drive delivery with expertise in purchasing from an automotive, energy or electronics background.
- To purchase equipment and materials considering the price, quality and on-time delivery to support the team and ensure continuity of supply.
- To forge professional relationships with suppliers, developing a network for specific commodities
- To effectively negotiate the best price, delivery, and cost timescales available with suppliers
- To develop good working relationships with the team keeping close to current and future requirements, anticipating needs, planning, and updating the team appropriately
- To be a company ambassador driving continuous improvement in procurement with appropriate considerations for safety, compliance, quality, and efficiency.
- Willingness to travel internationally if required.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant business or engineering related degree.
- A high level of competence and practical expertise within a procurement role from an automotive/energy/ electronics environment
- Strong negotiation skills, commercial awareness with the ability to develop successful networking relationships to support and develop the business procurement strategy.
- Comfortable working in an international team across several time zones
- Able to work independently and manage your time well.