Are you looking for a challenging job as the next step in your career? Our client is looking for an aggressive creative thinker to join its team and work on innovation pipeline development. You will be critical in leading the product development managers and identifying market opportunities, conducting end user research and solidifying the path forward to transition back into the business.
This vacancy is ideal for somebody with a proven track record of product development for the UK market, particularly locks, cylinders and door hardware. The Product Development Manager will manage all aspects of the ideation, development, implementation and improvement of integrated manufacturing systems and cost reduction/productivity improvement projects, overlooking all ranges of APECS product portfolio.
This opportunity offers a diverse experience: the ability to positively impact manufacturing processes, quality, productivity and technology through all phases of a product life cycle, from inception to aftermarket support and across the entire suite of products. It also offers an impressive opportunity to progress in career to a director level role with a team management prospects within 2 years.
Key Activities Include the Following
- Acting as the main point of contact China and UK office, maintain a solid commutation on the daily basis and resolving queries on behalf of the UK and Chinese office.
- Overseeing and setting the direction and vision for the focus areas key categories of the APECS portfolio
- Developing and execute an overall business plan for each of the APECS ranges. This will require situational and internal assessments, competitive overview, strategic goals, portfolio objectives, financial analysis and action plans
- Develop a long-term product road map that delivers market share growth in that segment
- Pitching and presenting Apecs product to customers and industry expert
- Applying extensive technical knowledge of the Building Hardware British Standard and Testing Method and all related Health and Safety regulations when overseeing the production process.
- Collaborating with engineering, channel and cross functional teams remotely to provide direction, product, deliver solutions and develop commercial plans to inspire market share growth and growing year on year sales
- Interact with key buyers/customers to identify critical requirements to success
- Prepare and support monthly reviews for the board of directors
- Reviewing CAD drawings and providing effective solutions to meet client requirements and to achieve client satisfaction
Requirements & Key Skills
- 2-5 years of experience as product manager BS (MSc preferred) in an engineering field or the Experience in door hardware manufacturing with excellent commercial and product sector awareness.
- Demonstrated knowledge business acumen in key areas: sales, gross margin, OI, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge in production and manufacturing process for metal hardware.
- Familiar with International trading, import/export, B2B and B2C business model
- Strong project management skills, solid analytical skills and a strong attention to detail are required
- Excellent strategic planning and strategic thinking skills
- The ability to analyse information and make decisions is critical to success in this role. Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Fluent in both Mandarin and English or Russian and English