This is an excellent opportunity to join a London based division of one of the top International Investment banks, specialising on investment banking and asset management products. Our client is looking for an experienced Product Controller to join their professional BAC Finance team on a contract basis (6 months).
The responsibilities of the role will include:
- To generate daily P&Ls reports and providing commentary where appropriate, including investigating and commenting Flash vs Actual P&L variances and explaining significant drivers of the P&L.
- Reconciliation of P&L and balance sheet to the general ledger, coordinating with Front office, operations and IT to resolve any breaks.
- Providing Monthly and quarterly commentary as part of the monthly reporting cycle.
- Collation and distribution of consolidated revenues for company’s plc and all legal entities on a daily basis.
To be considered for the role, you will be/have:
- Relevant product control working experience, minimum – 5 years (preferably including physical commodities).
- Strong academic background with a University degree (minimum 2:1).
- Familiarity with reconciliation of the P&L/Balance Sheet to general ledger level is required.
- Qualified accountant: ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of financial derivatives, financing and commodity products, risk and attribution.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong analytical skills.
- English language is the main requirement for the role, Russian could be a strong advantage.
What is in it for me?
- You will become a valuable asset of a large international corporation while working within a warm, close-knit team in a pleasant office in London.
- Salary is negotiable, depending on your experience and expectations.
- You will work closely with the top management team and learn from the best while adding real value and feeling your impact.
- The possibility to join the team for a successful contractor after 6 months period.
- You will have an opportunity to liaise with international offices and benefit from the diversity of the team.