Our client is an international consultancy firm specialising in providing consultancy and advisory services in asset acquisition and management. The company is currently looking for a Russian Speaking Legal Specialist/Junior Legal Counsel.
Objective: Providing legal support to the company’s senior legal specialists and company clients
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drafting and arranging for execution of various documents relating to intergroup financing (intercompany loans, BOD resolutions)
- Drafting and arranging for execution of corporate documents (BOD resolutions and POAs) of the legal entities of the clients
- Coordination of work of local external and internal legal counsels
- Developing and assisting with the implementation of standard documentation
- Assisting with drafting and negotiating contract documentation under English law or other common law jurisdictions. Examples:
o the management contract with hotel operators in hospitality projects
o EPC contract for hotel development
o financing and security documentation in respect of the delivery of offshore drilling rigs
o Share SPA, SHA, share pledges, options and other similar documents relating to various projects
o project financing documents
- Assisting with the restructuring of the client’s groups of companies
- Making tenders to hire external legal and tax counsel when appropriate.
- Legal support of company’s operations
o office lease
o employment matters
o corporate etc.
- Setting up and following legislation changes monitoring and KYC in the UK
- Assisting chief legal with reviewing various Russian law documents prepared by Russian legal counsel
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in English law
- Ideally Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Russian law
- Minimum 3 years at a law firm or strong in-house with a substantial “hands-on” experience in corporate, M&A and contractual matters.
- Proficient knowledge of UK law
- preferably proficient knowledge of Russian law
- Advanced computer literacy, experience with Google for Work (or any other cloud-based applications) is a plus
- Must speak up-to-native standard of Russian and English
- Good knowledge and understanding of all main UK law institutions (warranties, indemnities etc.) and ability to verify contractual and other documents from a UK law perspective and identify any risks including non-enforceable provisions
- Ability to draft and negotiate legal and commercial documents under English law or other common law systems (eg., Cypriot laws) and identify limited key areas where external advice is required
- Critical thinking; ability to identify commercial issues in addition to purely legal issues
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills
- Accurate and with excellent attention to detail
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Result oriented
Capable, reliable and willing to go an extra mile? Apply right now!