Our client is a mobile internet technology company dedicated to making the world smarter and safer. It aims to provide leading apps for mobile users worldwide and connect users with personalized content powered by artificial intelligence and big data analytics. As the Legal Associate you will provide legal assistance to support and direct the growth/expansion of a fast-growing startup. We are looking for someone who is full of enthusiasm, passion, common sense, and critical thinking skills. You’ll have a varied workload, mainly focused on commercial software contracts but also including corporate governance, compliance, employment matters, fundraising, and IP.
- Drafting general commercial contracts and negotiating, including but not limited to software & servicesagreements with lenders and merchants, terms & conditions, NDAs, and/or IT/IP
- Taking responsibility for a range of legal activities such as IP, property, fundraising, litigation,
- Support the company secretary with corporate and governance-related
- Supporting with corporate transactions, including fundraising and other international expansion activities
- Working with the product and partner and contractor facing teams to establish and maintain the right contract with the partner, taking into account best service, our product offering, and the applicable regulation.
- Providing legal advice, support, and training for internal functions, but including professional services, human resources, marketing, finance, support, and IT at all levels of the organisation.
- Advice on data protection & IP, including reviewing and negotiating agreements related to data processing and supporting data privacy processes, policies, and issues.
- Researching and reporting on legal and regulatory updates and
- Drafting and research skills, and the ability to recognize issues of strategic, legal, or reputational
- Work on a wide range of strategic projects and
- LLB and LPC in the UK jurisdiction
- 3 years + PQE is essential
- Demonstrating substantial experience story in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating SaaS agreements
- Contract negotiations skills
- Have an applied knowledge of data protection law including GDPR and best
- Excellent communication skills
- Being a natural problem solver and commercially
- Have excellent judgment and analytical
- Have the ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to “see around the corner”
- Have the ability to manage and deliver multiple projects
- Nice to have: Worked for/with growth business with experience in fundraising, expansion, and international law
- Nice to have: Knowledge of Financial Services regulation and wider payment ecosystem