This is an excellent opportunity for a specialist in New Technology/Science/New Media and TV/Movie Production financial investments to join a private investment fund based in London and help them achieve their goal of delivering inspirational and promising opportunities to support start-ups in the various new-age fields. Our client is looking for an opportunity to add value to the developing science, tech and new media start-ups and support promising ambition within the related fields.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Researching various technology, science and new media industries for updates, discoveries, new technologies and potential investment leads
- Analysing the industry, preparing industry reports and evaluating new trends
- Working closely with the investment managers and providing them with associated information, ideas and suggestions
- Evaluating potential start-up investments in the field of your speciality, contributing to creating financial models, reviewing financial information, working closely with the finance team on predicting economic outcomes
- Analysing competencies, competitive advantages and legal aspects of arranging patents for the start-up products
- Liaising with start-up projects from all over the world, discussing opportunities and potential investments in their ideas, gathering various start-ups related information
- Closing investment deals, working with management on monitoring the investment delivery
Qualifications and skills required:
- We are looking for an ambitious science/new tech-savvy graduate with some industry experience and/or a highly experienced in the specific industry professional with a proven track record of achievements within your field of expertise – Science, Tech, Media etc.
- Ideally, you will be experienced in financial investment firms, consulting firms and/or with related industry experience
- Ideally, you will be a graduate (BA and MBA ideally) in one of the relevant fields (Science, Technology, New Media, TV Production, Movie Production, Gaming, Pharmaceuticals etc.) with experience and understanding your field of expertise, with sound interest in the investment opportunities within new-age sectors, possibly/ideally start-up or investment firm experience and knowledge of the relevant industry trends, news and progressive practices
- A financial degree or sound understanding of the investment industry is desirable
- BA and/or MA – bachelors and/or masters degree from a university in the UK, EU, Eastern Europe, USA are preferred
- Ideally, you will be fluent in English and/or Russian languages
- Our client is able to offer relocation and UK work visa for the right candidate
- You need to demonstrate a passion for new technologies, start-up culture and sound knowledge of the investment industry, understanding of the start-up investments in science start-ups/new-tech/new media and ambition to support life-changing new industries.
What is in it for me?
- ‘Passionate for science and new technology’ London based team. What a great opportunity to be a part of this new-age investment fund!
- ‘Exciting investment projects, amazing team, ability to get really involved and develop your career, ‘not just working with papers’ type pf role, entrepreneurial spirit throughout
- London based office, flexible work practices, close collaborations with management
- Salary is negotiable for the right person.