This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate in Media Studies or a specialist in new Media and Informational industry investments to join a private investment fund based in London and help them achieve their goal of delivering inspirational and promising opportunities to support start-ups in the New Media field. Our client is looking for an opportunity to add value to the developing science, tech and new media start-ups and support promising ambition within the related fields.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Researching the New Media and New Informational channels, including Movie Production, Digitalising of the News, New tech in Media industry field etc. for updates, discoveries, new technologies and potential investment leads
- Analysing the industry, preparing industry reports and evaluating new trends
- Working closely with the investment managers and providing them with associated Media industry information, ideas and suggestions
- Evaluating potential start-up investments in the Media field, contributing to creating financial models, reviewing financial information, working closely with the finance team on predicting economic outcomes
- Liaising with start-up projects from all over the world, discussing opportunities and potential investments in their ideas, gathering various start-ups related information
- Closing investment deals, working with management on monitoring the investment delivery.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Ideally, you will be a graduate in the Media field with experience and understanding principles of the industry, with sound interest in the investment opportunities within the New Media industry, possibly/ideally start-up or investment firm experience and knowledge of the Media industry trends, news and progressive practices
- We will also look at candidates with sound knowledge of start-ups investments in various scientific/new tech fields, e.g. Biochemistry, Pharmacology, AI and various Tech projects, New Media
- BA and/or MA – bachelors and/or masters degree from a university in the UK, EU, Eastern Europe, USA are preferred
- A Media Production degree is preferred
- We can also look at financial degree/experience, but if you also have a solid understanding of the Media industry and investment practices and new Media field
- Ideally, you will be fluent in English and/or Russian languages, but this requirement is not a must
- Our client is able to offer relocation and UK work visa for the right candidate
- You need to demonstrate a passion for new-age investments and sound knowledge of New media and various new age investment opportunities, understanding of the investments in new media start-ups and ambition to support life-changing new technologies.