Our client is looking for an experienced General Manager with a strong background in managing multi-site retail operations. As the General Manager, you will manage daily operations across five receiving shops and drive B2B sales for the Joint Venture. You will also be constantly on the lookout for new business opportunities. You will lead a team across five sites to ensure the overall experience and offer are executed at the highest level with responsibility for the comfort, safety, and enjoyment of our customers, as well as the financial success of our sites.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate at the interview the ability to adhere to strict budgets.
The role will oversee Retail, Multi-sites operations, B2B sales, and Finance & Budgeting.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Grow the revenue of the business
- Grow the number of retail outlets over the next 2 to 3 years to 20/25 retail outlets
- Grow the business across the production facility
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing daily operations across five sites with the potential for further sites in the future.
- Managing and leading a diverse team.
- Responsible for customer experience and driving sales.
- Maximising the potential of our sites through retail and B2B sales.
- Maximising the potential of the Joint Venture through driving B2B sales.
- Optimising opportunities to drive income by being hands-on.
- Engaging with the local community to ensure that Droplet is involved with and drives experiences for the local people, town and surrounding areas.
- Overseeing team rotations across sites.
- Providing on-job training to the staff.
- Identifying and recruiting new team members.
- Completing weekly performance reports.
- Monitoring customer experience and working with the broader team to develop the Droplet experience.
Health and Safety, Operational Manual and Security
- To comply fully with all statutory requirements on Health & Safety.
- Ensure that the Operational Manual is adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that all premises of dry-cleaning shops are safe and secure.
- Financially accountable for P&L of all sites.
- Experienced in budget management.
- Maintain responsibility for the reporting procedures.
- Please note that the above list is not exhaustive.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Self-motivated, service-focused individual with at least three years of experience working across retail multi-site operations.
- Ability to inspire a team.
- Ability to take the initiative and remain calm under pressure.
- Experience in B2B sales, preferable.
- Experience with POS systems.
- Strong understanding of retail commercials and financials.
- A confident communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience in retail operations is preferable.
- A clear understanding and experience of Health and Safety.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Russian language is a big bonus.
- Demonstrate a passion for the industry!