|Industry||Energy and Natural Resources|
|Visa||Employer may consider sponsoring work visa for suitable candidates from abroad depending on their experience|
|Salary||£40000 — £60000 per annum|
|Date||2 June 2020|
Want to advance the energy storage solutions while having the freedom and support to experiment? Are you into electric batteries design and improvement solutions as much as we are? Read on!
You will help to craft creative battery solutions that deliver more energy in smaller spaces than ever before. You’ll work across disciplines to transform improved hardware elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and you will become a part of the team to innovate new battery technologies that will change the industry, offering a cleaner and longer-lasting energy solutions.
We are currently seeking for an Electrochemist to develop advanced battery technology for new-age mobility solutions. You will have a strong Electrochemistry background, sound experience working with Lithium batteries and curiosity about new-age solutions to deliver better results.
- To research, test and develop new ideas in the electric battery technology using metallic lithium/electro lights collaboration.
- To test the boundaries of the collaboration and suggest new improved solutions.
- Lab work, teamwork, mind work, tests, and trials.
- Research and analysis of the market on current technology developments.
- Experience with lithium-containing batteries, such as Li-metal batteries.
- Experience in lithium – carbon interaction.
- Understanding of potential electrolyte reactions with the electrodes.
- Experience of working with various liquid electrolytes based on carbonates and ethers.
- Sound knowledge and independent experience of working with the materials, while carrying related research and analysis.
- Ability to offer new solutions, confidence in conducting tests and trials.
- Experience with supercapacitors is desirable.
- Sc. or PhD Diploma in Chemistry.
- 3+ years of working with batteries or supercapacitors in a lab.
- 3+ years of handling of chemicals in glassware, syringes, and pipettes.
- Being able to read about and understand potential reactions and hazard risks when working with certain chemicals used in an experiment.
What is in it for you:
- Freedom to explore and make your contribution to the better electric batteries = cleaner planet.
- An amazing team of cool, open-minded and ambitious professionals who are passionate about what they do.
- Secured job placement with a well-established group of companies.
- Impressive tech-savvy lab and the office in West London.
- Salary and Package: Base Salary (negotiable on experience and achievements) + pension + life assurance + 23 days of annual leave plus public holidays.
Subscribe to e-mail notifications about new vacancies!