Director of Business Development/CEO – Spanish, English Speaking. Education. Marbella, Spain
A rare opportunity has arisen for a top-level Director of Business Development/CEO/GM who may be interested in joining a high ranking educational subsidiary institution based in sunny Marbella. Our client is looking for an experienced candidate to supervise and control all business and strategic aspects of the company in the education sector. The ideal candidate will have a business mindset and will be able to see the “big picture” in a variety of settings. The goal is to explore and develop new business opportunities and guide it towards commercial success.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- Make high-quality financial decisions to advance the business and increase profits
- Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for shareholders and business representatives
- Analyse various situations while providing solutions to ensure the company’s growth
- Lead and motivate subordinates to advance employee engagement develop a high performing managerial team
- Participate in industry-related events or associations that will enhance the organisation’s reputation, and the organisation’s potential for success
- Review financial and non-financial reports to devise improvements
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance, HR etc.)
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the industry of the company (education)
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Evaluate performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics
- Assist in fundraising ventures, develop commercial and political connections with other international educational providers, government bodies and students unions.
- Proven managerial experience within the education sector or a related industry
- Ability to showcase a proven record of commercial success from the past experience
- Excellent diplomatic and business development, relationship building skills
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing the company’s vision
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills. Fluency in English as well as Spanish language skills are essential.
- Ability to promote a shared vision to create new opportunities, especially in the areas of student recruitment, research support, finances, and improvements to facilities and technology
- Experience in raising funds from private, state, and national sources would be a great benefit
- Strong leadership skills in strategic planning, fiscal planning and management
- MSc/MA in business administration or relevant/business field
- Willingness to travel and/or virtually liaise (where possible) with clients, suppliers and members of governments.
What is in it for me?
- An exciting destination with flexible opportunity to work in Marbella, relocate, sometimes work remotely and travel across the globe during non-Covid times
- Exciting project with the opportunity to reach new career goals, meet exciting new people, rule from the front, while inspiring a new generation
- Opportunity to widen your networking base and connect with people from all around the world
- Salary and package are negotiable, depending on your experience and expectations
- Possibility of profit share, generous commission structure
- Freedom to explore new personal and business horizons.