Are you a pro-active accountant, who is confident to set things up from scratch for this super successful online retail start-up? Are you a self-sufficient and hands-on type of person? Are you ready to ‘hit the ground running’? We have a fantastic offer for you!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Collecting all financial information from the beginning of the company’s existence, organising all financial data into a manageable report and preparing P&L and management reports for the founders
- Arranging communication with HMRC, setting up employees on the payroll, making all necessary arrangements, filing paperwork, running payroll on a monthly basis
- Collecting information for VAT returns, preparing and filing VAT returns
- Issuing invoices for the clients on a daily basis, on-going retail invoice management
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports under the UK based Limited company regulations
- Liaising with the accountancy and legal firms to assist with end of financial year statements and other documentation
- Assisting the team with some additional organisational responsibilities, filing paperwork, entering financial data, developing a system for the founders to keep track of business-related data.
You will be/have:
- Accounting experience within a hands-on environment in the UK, retail accounting background would be a great advantage
- At least partly qualified ACCA/CIMA, could consider AAT candidates if qualified by experience
- ‘Can do’ attitude and flexible approach, fully realising the complications of a start-up, entrepreneurial environment
- Great organisational skills, ability to guide management with finance-related questions, confidence in setting up all necessary procedures
- Lithuanian/Russian language skills are a great advantage
- Team player who is responsible and hard working.
What is in it for me?
- You will be joining a dynamic, bright and highly entrepreneurial team of the ‘new age’ business
- You will be able to make this role your own, as starting from scratch
- You will enjoy a ‘work hard – play hard’, flexible and down to earth environment
- You may have a remote or semi-remote option available if this is what you are looking for
- You will have an opportunity to stay within the role, with this team for a long time and become one of the ‘starting’ valuable team members and possibly grow with them.